reading this week, you learned about several different theories and
techniques used to help people struggling with psychological disorders.
Complaints of depression and anxiety are very common among adults
seeking help these days (Dunlop, Scheinberg, & Dunlop, 2013). Use
the knowledge you have gained in this unit to consider ways that these
therapies can be used to help people.
Dunlop, B. W., Scheinberg, K., & Dunlop, A. L. (2013). Ten ways
to improve the treatment of depression and anxiety in adults. Mental
Health In Family Medicine, 10(3), 175–181.
- Explain which techniques you feel would be most helpful for those struggling with depression and anxiety disorders.
- Why do you think these approaches would be helpful?
- Are there any treatment
approaches covered in your reading that you do not feel would be helpful
or that you are against? Explain your reasons.
In this unit, as you further your knowledge about thinking,
languages, and intelligence, consider how these impact you and those
around you. When trying to understand psychology, it helps to consider
ideas such as problem-solving, decision-making, forming judgments, and
the impact of our emotions.
- Describe some strategies that help you solve problems and make decisions based on your reading assignment.
- Discuss some obstacles that get in the way of problem-solving and decision-making.
- Explain what it is that makes a person appear intelligent to you.
- What theories help support your opinion based on the intelligence theories you have read?