Read the case from Deccan Herald titled “Hackers holding your PC to ransom”,
dated November 25, 2013, located at http://www.deccanherald.com/content/297460/hackers-holding-your-pc-ransom.html.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe two (2) potential computer ethics issues associated with holding
- Propose two (2) methods that computer users could use to prevent this type
- Propose two (2) governmental legislations that could be enacted against this
type of attack.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment.
Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Outline why the Information Assurance and Security perspective needs to
pervade all aspects of information technology.
- Evaluate the ethical concerns that information technologies raise in
society, and the impact of information technologies on crime, terrorism, and
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information
- Write clearly and concisely about introductory information technology topics
using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.